BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dntran16
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am having the following error:

ERROR: The workspace cannot be opened because the "EMWS2.EM_NODEID" data set cannot be opened for update. Either you do not have write permission or this data set is locked or is not compatible with this server....

I already deleted all the wslock.lck I found in the project folder and it still won't open. All the data from the data sources icon have a Key on it. Does this mean that my data is locked and if so, how would i remove the lock?

Please help me fix this error.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

Dntran16

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Dntran,

I hope you got your project to work. I don't have much experience with Data Sources getting locked. And it seems you are deleting the lock for the diagrams OK.

I have circled someone from tech support but we need more info, and what version of Enterprise Miner you have.

Another thing to try.

1. Copy your project file directory and rename it. In my machine my projects are in D:\All_Users\miguel\EMProj . If my project was named Myproject1, I would copy it, paste it, and give it the name Myproject2.
  2. In Enterprise Miner create a new project with the same name to register the metadata. Open Enteprise Miner, go to New Project, assign the project to the right path (e.g. D:\All_Users\miguel\EMProj) with the same name (e.g. Myproject2).
  3. Enterprise Miner will prompt you about other user already creted that project. Click OK.
  4. Your diagrams and data sources should be there and your project not-run (no green checks). You might have to define again the libraries and metadata (roles and targets). And you will have to run your diagram again.

Does this solve it?

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Miguel

dntran16
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your reply. I tried the steps you suggested but it is still giving me the same error. I have SAS Enterprise Miner 12.3 (workstation).

Also, since it is urgent, I have already restarted the project and is very close to completion. However, if possible, I'd still like to find out a solution to this problem for future reference.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Dong

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation