Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Can anybody give me a link to download Enterprise Miner 12.3?

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can anybody give me a link to download Enterprise Miner 12.3?

Hi Experts,

As the title says, does anybody have the link?

Thanks in advance.

krik

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-06-2013 01:55 AM
Respected Advisor

Re: Can anybody give me a link to download Enterprise Miner 12.3?

@Krikzhou

You can't have EM without a license. But: A licence is for the product independent of the version. So if you're already having a legal EM installation then upgrading to the newest version should be possible with the same license. Ask the person who provided you the current installation for the upgrade. It can be downloaded from SAS but you must have some specific information available (which a SAS Admin should have).

EM has a server and a client component so and upgrade can also mean the need to upgrade the SAS server version.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Valued Guide

When you have a license/sid all is explained in it

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Jaap Karman. You mean that i cannot have enterprise miner software unless i get license or sid? 

Is there standalone Enterprise Miner for me to download. I'm just learning EM but i don't have the latest release of EM (I have EM 4.3 which is too old) .

Thank you again.

krik

Super User

Basically, you need to buy it. Contact your regional SAS rep.

Solution
‎11-06-2013 01:55 AM
Respected Advisor

@Krikzhou

You can't have EM without a license. But: A licence is for the product independent of the version. So if you're already having a legal EM installation then upgrading to the newest version should be possible with the same license. Ask the person who provided you the current installation for the upgrade. It can be downloaded from SAS but you must have some specific information available (which a SAS Admin should have).

EM has a server and a client component so and upgrade can also mean the need to upgrade the SAS server version.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Patrick,

I get it. I think i will upgrade my EM using current license as well as EM server. Thank you.

Valued Guide

As Admin knowing much more....
Em 4.3 is the old Em implementation based on SAS/AF in the classic DMS approach. To be used at PC-based systems

Em 5.3 (9.1.3) switched to a C/S approach where EM is a java client and needing the SAS metadataserver/Bi server
Em 12.3 is the version coming in with SAS 9.4. Wait for the second verison if you need 32-bit cleint version support

Em 7.1/12.1 is the version connected with SAS 9.3. THere is no difference with 12.1 -12.3  Em versions   

Even when you install Em on a desktop you still are getting to install all the othere parts.

You defnitely need the admin knowledge.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Jaap Karman, thanks for your information. It's useful. One more question, Is EM 7.1 much different from EM 12.1 or EM 12.3?

Because i have EM 7.1 only while my training documents using EM 12.3.

Thanks.

Krik

Respected Advisor

Valued Guide

The indication of the related versions wiht SAS is teribble complex. ChrisH had made a nice (fools-day) blog on that. 

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2012/04/01/new-certification-program-sas-versions-professional...

Understanding all that following what is happening helps. The news fixes and all for the updates.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation