BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KrikZhou
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Experts,

As the title says, does anybody have the link?

Thanks in advance.

krik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Krikzhou

You can't have EM without a license. But: A licence is for the product independent of the version. So if you're already having a legal EM installation then upgrading to the newest version should be possible with the same license. Ask the person who provided you the current installation for the upgrade. It can be downloaded from SAS but you must have some specific information available (which a SAS Admin should have).

EM has a server and a client component so and upgrade can also mean the need to upgrade the SAS server version.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

When you have a license/sid all is explained in it

---->-- ja karman --<-----
KrikZhou
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Jaap Karman. You mean that i cannot have enterprise miner software unless i get license or sid? 

Is there standalone Enterprise Miner for me to download. I'm just learning EM but i don't have the latest release of EM (I have EM 4.3 which is too old) .

Thank you again.

krik

Reeza
Super User

Basically, you need to buy it. Contact your regional SAS rep.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Krikzhou

You can't have EM without a license. But: A licence is for the product independent of the version. So if you're already having a legal EM installation then upgrading to the newest version should be possible with the same license. Ask the person who provided you the current installation for the upgrade. It can be downloaded from SAS but you must have some specific information available (which a SAS Admin should have).

EM has a server and a client component so and upgrade can also mean the need to upgrade the SAS server version.

KrikZhou
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Patrick,

I get it. I think i will upgrade my EM using current license as well as EM server. Thank you.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

As Admin knowing much more....
Em 4.3 is the old Em implementation based on SAS/AF in the classic DMS approach. To be used at PC-based systems

Em 5.3 (9.1.3) switched to a C/S approach where EM is a java client and needing the SAS metadataserver/Bi server
Em 12.3 is the version coming in with SAS 9.4. Wait for the second verison if you need 32-bit cleint version support

Em 7.1/12.1 is the version connected with SAS 9.3. THere is no difference with 12.1 -12.3  Em versions   

Even when you install Em on a desktop you still are getting to install all the othere parts.

You defnitely need the admin knowledge.

KrikZhou
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jaap Karman, thanks for your information. It's useful. One more question, Is EM 7.1 much different from EM 12.1 or EM 12.3?

Because i have EM 7.1 only while my training documents using EM 12.3.

Thanks.

Krik

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The indication of the related versions wiht SAS is teribble complex. ChrisH had made a nice (fools-day) blog on that. 

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2012/04/01/new-certification-program-sas-versions-professional...

Understanding all that following what is happening helps. The news fixes and all for the updates.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation