BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kdp
Calcite | Level 5 kdp
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I have E-Miner version 5.2 and I am trying to do by-group processing similar to E-Guide.

Is it possible to even do this E-Miner? If so, what roles must the variables be assigned to do this?

Thanks,
kdp
2 REPLIES 2
Sascha_Schubert
SAS Employee
Hi kdp,

you can use the group-processing nodes in SAS EM to do this. You use a Start Group and an End-Group Node and put the nodes that need to be included in the loop in between the start and end node. Set the property "Mode" in the Start group node to "Stratify" and then open the Variables window. In there set the property "Grouping Role" of your index variable to "Stratification". For example, a variable like gender with 2 classes would then create 2 models automatically.

For more information refer to the SAS EM online help in the section Node Reference --> Utility --> Start Group Node.

Thanks
miner40
kdp
Calcite | Level 5 kdp
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks miner40!

I checked E-Miner and I am afraid I don't have those nodes. I am currently using E-Miner 5.2 which is probably why I don't see them.

Anyways, this will be of good help when we upgrade to the new E-Miner.

kdp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation