BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MZM
Calcite | Level 5 MZM
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Modellers,

I am trying to build a model on a dataset with 2 million observations and an ordinal response variable with 53 levels with a normal distribution ranging from -26 to +26.

Both SAS/Base 9.4 and Enterprise Miner 13.2 are available for use. 

I am looking for any suggestions on modeling techniques that could be used especially in EM. 

Was also wondering if there's a way to use cumulative logit link function in EM.

Does that make sense to consider the response variable interval and then to use GLM?

Thanks,

M.

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Unless your 53 levels are highly non-linear, I would treat them as a continuous variable and perform partial least squares regression modelling (which in my opinion is probably the best way to model 900 independent variables) in PROC PLS. I do not know if this is available in Enterprise Miner as I don't use it. I would not use PROC GLM with 900 independent variables.

--
Paige Miller
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

When you use the Regression node in Enterprise Miner with an ordinal target, it does use the cumulative logit link function.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation