BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DocMartin
Quartz | Level 8
I've been examining the preview version of Viya for about a week. There's plenty of cool stuff available, at least when one runs the demos. But it seems that we can't use our own libraries the preview. That leads me to some basic housekeeping questions about Viya. 1. Will a user have a dedicated URL that he can use to log into Viya? I used the one for the Viya preview and could run SAS programs at home. 2. Where is data stored for the CAS libraries? I would like to upload a SAS data set to a CAS library once Viya goes general release. But my data has some protected health information and I would need to know how secure it is. 3. Does local data have to be loaded into a CAS engine? Thanks! Andrew
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @DocMartin,

If you're looking at the Early Preview environment -- then I think you're correct.  That environment is a "closed system", meant to give you some hands-on experience with the products but using only the data that's already provided within the environment.

Future distributions of SAS Viya Data Mining and Machine Learning will allow you to add your own data, of course.  Exactly how you do that will depend on whether you're working with an on-premise install or cloud-hosted (by SAS or elsewhere).  @Mark_sas might be able to lend a few more details.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @DocMartin,

If you're looking at the Early Preview environment -- then I think you're correct.  That environment is a "closed system", meant to give you some hands-on experience with the products but using only the data that's already provided within the environment.

Future distributions of SAS Viya Data Mining and Machine Learning will allow you to add your own data, of course.  Exactly how you do that will depend on whether you're working with an on-premise install or cloud-hosted (by SAS or elsewhere).  @Mark_sas might be able to lend a few more details.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

What Chris said.  🙂

On a related note, if you go to the bottom of the main SAS Viya Web site, you'll see that SAS is taking names for those interested in a 60-day trial program.  Unlike the Early Preview preproduction program, this trial program would offer the opportunity to upload your own data.  The trial also has options to host on your own equipment in addition to using SAS-hosted resources.

And to be clear, when SAS Viya software is released as generally available, it will certainly be installable on your own equipment.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation