BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NareshAbburi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm building a model which is giving me the very high average square error and misclassification rate.

Ho can I reduce these two results. Please provide me valuable inputs.

Also, Please let me know what is basic flow for Data Mining Model.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

That's way too difficult to answer here.

Your model is clearly not fitting well, so try changing the variables included in the model.

To learn more about data mining perhaps look into the CRISP-DM framework and/or check out the data mining courses offered on Coursera, EdX, Udacity for starters.

Lecture Notes | Data Mining | Sloan School of Management | MIT OpenCourseWare

NareshAbburi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I've tried with multiple combinations, but still ASE is too high. it is nearly 2000. and my validation ASE also nearly 2000.

Is there any alternative to fit my model well.

Thanks.

Reeza
Super User

without any context its hard to say. How many variables do you have? What is your predictor? How many categorical variables are there? How many continuous? Have you standardized your variables? Or transformed them? What did the univariate analysis show?  Are the scales of your variables incredibly different?

NareshAbburi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I've a continuous target variable. Input variables are both continuous and categorical variables. (Continuous - 4, Categorical - 3)

I'm trying to build logistic regression. (Will it work...?)

I've standardized and applied transformation also to reduce skewness of the variables.

Plz suggest.

Reeza
Super User

No.

Logistic regression is for a binary target variable. Linear Regression is for a continuous target variable.

NareshAbburi
Calcite | Level 5

Then what is best prediction model to apply for combination of categorical and continuous inputs..?

Reeza
Super User

Linear regression. The model is more dependent on the output required than the input.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation