BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kanyange
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding average response rate vs average probability...Let's say I have an average campaign response rate of 10%. Then I build my model using contacted customers (let's say around 100 000) to predict customers who are more likely to respond. Once I am happy with the model, I score my eligible base (1 Millions). When I look at the distribution of my probabilities accross the base, does the average probability have to match my original response rate 10% (0.10)?

Your help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

1 REPLY 1
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

In general, yes, expect the same response as long as your training data is a good sample and the observation window of your model makes sense to you.

The more similar the training data to your scoring data, the more similar the response rate. In other words, the more similar the distribution of each input for both the target events (response in this case) and for the non-target events (non-response), the closer your response will be to the 10% response rate of your training data.

This is because you are assuming your data is a sample that can be scaled linearly and because you used training data that captures any seasonality and you expect the response rate to keep fairly steady in the future.

I hope it helps,

Thanks,

Miguel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation