BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

When adding a data source, Miner makes a guess at each variables level. One major issue I have, is that Miner sets all binary variables (flag variabler, 0 or 1) to interval. Nothing is automatically detected as binary. I have quite a few variables and data sets, and doing this by point and click takes very long time. 

It seems incredibly easy to me to make a better logic for guessing levels in miner - if a variable has only two values, 0 and 1, it is a binary variable, not interval. 

Why is this basic logic not applied? Is there a way to get around the point and click? From what I hear, older versions (version 4 i believe) had a much better logic applied to assigning levels.

I am using miner 12.1, but expect to upgrade to the most recent version shortly

1 REPLY 1
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

When you are creating your data source, be sure to select Advanced in the Metadata Advisor as shown below, and it should set the level for your binary variables to BINARY automatically.  The Basic Advisor assigns levels based on the type of variable only.

AdvancedAdvisor.PNG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation