BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ajanie
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to run example code from SAS proc rulegen documentation:

proc dmdb batch data=sampsio.assocs out=dmassoc dmdbcat=catassoc; id customer; class product(desc); run; proc assoc data=dmassoc dmdbcat=catassoc out=datassoc(label='Output from Proc Assoc') items=5 support=20; cust customer; target product; run;  

First part works well, but second gives an error:

The data= dataset should not be DMDB encoded type

Does anyone know what the problem is? I use SAS Enterprise Guide 6.100, no EM - is it possible for me to use proc rulegen, proc assoc, etc.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

It looks like you should use sampsio.assocs for the data= option on the PROC ASSOC statement instead of dmassoc.

Hope that helps,

Wendy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

It looks like you should use sampsio.assocs for the data= option on the PROC ASSOC statement instead of dmassoc.

Hope that helps,

Wendy

ajanie
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you WendyCzika, it helped. However, when using own data (not this from the example) they have to be sorted by customer (and proc dmdb step may be needed in order to create a catassoc catalog).

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi ajanie,

What are you trying to do? Score new data using Enterprise Guide?

If that is the case, add a Score node to your flow, run it, and borrow the optimized score code.

The reason you need the sorted by customer is that there is an id statement in your proc dmdb.

I hope it helps,

M

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation