BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Prajna_450
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I was looking for applying box plot for multiple variables on the same graph, I am unaware if this procedure is possible. If yes! please let me know how I can perform.

I also have another query. I need to execute a qq pot for varibles. please let me know how I can execute this on sas eminer and sas enterprise guide.

Thank you,

Prajna

1 REPLY 1
MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

Hello Prajna-

In Enterprise Miner, you can use a SAS Code node to run PROC UNIVARIATE to get the plots.  Here is a tip from our Communities page.  

Tip: Saving ODS Graphics in a SAS Code Node

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Tip-Saving-ODS-Graphics-in-a-SAS-Code-Node/ta...

Below, I modified the code from that tip for you in a way that you can use to create a normal probability plot.

- Connect a SAS Code node after the Regression node (or after the Metadata node).

- Select the Code Editor property.

- Enter this code:

%let name = npplot;

%let type= PDF;

%let description = my normal probability plot;

%em_register(key=&name, type=FILE, extension=&type);

ods &type file="&&em_user_&name";

/* put code here that you use to generate ODS graphics */

ods graphics on;

ods graphics;

proc univariate data=&EM_IMPORT_DATA plot normal;

var r_:;

run;

ods graphics off;

/* end of code for ODS graphics */

ods &type close;

%em_report(key=&name, block=MODEL, viewtype=FILEVIEWER, autodisplay=Y, description=&description);

- Close the Code Editor window.

- Run the node.  View the results.  A PDF is created with the PROC UNIVARIATE results.

Here is documentation about PROC UNIVARIATE in case you want to make any customizations.

Base SAS(R) 9.4 Procedures Guide: Statistical Procedures, Second Edition

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/procstat/66703/HTML/default/viewer.htm#procstat_univaria... 

Have a good week!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation