BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
venkatnaveen
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a data set like customer name and month wise count. (In starting third month they have introduced one scheme i want to find out whether the scheme is impacting the next month counts i.e is there are any decrease or increase in mar apr month counts. I want to highlight those records.)

Dataset:
Custname Jan Feb Mar Apr
pvr 15 20 5 4
adlabs 20 30 40 50
imax 15 25 5 4
cinemax 29 35 7 6
;
;
;

like this i have one lakh customers and four months count.

I want to see based on Jan Feb count is there any trend in Mar Apr.

Suppose lets take PVR Jan feb it has increase but in march, apr it has decreased same as cinemax. Adlabs is increasing like that.

I want to highlight those customers. Any thoughts/logic.

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well, I would struggle to put logic in place there as its not a clear yes/no logic.  What you are talking about is trend analysis: Trend analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I am not familiar enough to provide exact information, but there is material out there.  This for instance may be of help:

SAS/ETS(R) 9.2 User's Guide

So, and this is something I do, you can produce graphs of individual values/means and also an overall graph of means/mins/maxs.  That would visually show you where things change e.g. you would have a drop in the line for Mar/Apr for lines PVR and Cinemax.  You could maybe also use that information (i.e. output from proc means) to do some logic gates.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Regardless of trend analysis technique, I think you are better off transposing your data (having Custname, Month and Count as columns).

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation