SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

where to set GUILOGON environment variable in SAS?

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

where to set GUILOGON environment variable in SAS?

Hi All,

I need to set the GUILOGON environment variable to NO, I wonder which file I need to make this  change? Thank you!

Jade

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-13-2017 01:41 PM
Super User

Re: where to set GUILOGON environment variable in SAS?

In a BI server environment, you have the shell scripts used to start server components in the configuration tree (usually starting with /.../Lev1)

You can find the path to that by using the Server Manager in Management Console and opening the related server configuration (ie SASApp/Logical Workspace Server/Workspace Server. In the Options of the latter you find the complete path to the shell script.

In the same directory where you find the WorkspaceServer.sh, there's also a WorkspaceServer_usermods.sh file. Add

export GUILOGON=NO

to that, and you should be fine.

The _usermods file(s) will not be overwritten by SAS updates/hotfixes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

This: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17312348/how-do-i-set-windows-environment-variables-permanently might be helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regular Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

Thanks! Sorry I did not post my question clear enough, I'm runing SAS on Linux, how can I set the GUILOGON environment variable in Linux? Thank you!

Jade

Solution
‎03-13-2017 01:41 PM
Super User

In a BI server environment, you have the shell scripts used to start server components in the configuration tree (usually starting with /.../Lev1)

You can find the path to that by using the Server Manager in Management Console and opening the related server configuration (ie SASApp/Logical Workspace Server/Workspace Server. In the Options of the latter you find the complete path to the shell script.

In the same directory where you find the WorkspaceServer.sh, there's also a WorkspaceServer_usermods.sh file. Add

export GUILOGON=NO

to that, and you should be fine.

The _usermods file(s) will not be overwritten by SAS updates/hotfixes.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation