SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

what connectors are available for people to get sas data on unix?

Contributor

what connectors are available for people to get sas data on unix?

[ Edited ]

I want to write/buy/steal a connector to read sas data for use in BonitaSoft BPM.

Bonitasoft has connectors for Teradata, Mysql, Oracle,

but they don't have one to SAS. 

So what might I do to connect into SAS data?

Can I write a connector or is there a sas program/script that some people use to achieve this?

In my mind, sas could occasionally be treated as a database just as Oracle, etc.

Thanks!

Super User

Re: what connectors are available for people to get sas data on unix?

Does Bonitasoft have a generic ODBC connector ? If so then you may be able to connect to SAS data via ODBC. This assumes you have an operating SAS server environment with the SAS ODBC drivers installed. 

SAS Employee

Agreed. If you have SAS/ACCESS software, SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC would enable you to connect between SAS and your DBMS. You'll need to have an ODBC driver manager and ODBC-compliant drivers.
Super User

SAS/ACCESS is for push of data from SAS. My understanding is that the OP wish to pull data from SAS.
Which is handled like @SASKiwi suggests with a SAS server. Typically using SAS/SHARE and a licence for SHARE*NET.
OLEDB might be an alternative if your SAS source is using Intelligence Platform. Search support.Sas.com for relevant documentation.
Data never sleeps
Respected Advisor

SAS isn't a database but like for a data base in order to access the data you need a SAS server.

Additionally to what @LinusH proposes and depending on SAS components licensed I believe it should also be possible to implement a Web Service which you then call from your application. https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/itechov/64881/PDF/default/itechov.pdf

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation