BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cellurl
Quartz | Level 8

I want to write/buy/steal a connector to read sas data for use in BonitaSoft BPM.

Bonitasoft has connectors for Teradata, Mysql, Oracle,

but they don't have one to SAS. 

So what might I do to connect into SAS data?

Can I write a connector or is there a sas program/script that some people use to achieve this?

In my mind, sas could occasionally be treated as a database just as Oracle, etc.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Does Bonitasoft have a generic ODBC connector ? If so then you may be able to connect to SAS data via ODBC. This assumes you have an operating SAS server environment with the SAS ODBC drivers installed. 

mebass
SAS Employee
Agreed. If you have SAS/ACCESS software, SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC would enable you to connect between SAS and your DBMS. You'll need to have an ODBC driver manager and ODBC-compliant drivers.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
SAS/ACCESS is for push of data from SAS. My understanding is that the OP wish to pull data from SAS.
Which is handled like @SASKiwi suggests with a SAS server. Typically using SAS/SHARE and a licence for SHARE*NET.
OLEDB might be an alternative if your SAS source is using Intelligence Platform. Search support.Sas.com for relevant documentation.
Data never sleeps
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

SAS isn't a database but like for a data base in order to access the data you need a SAS server.

Additionally to what @LinusH proposes and depending on SAS components licensed I believe it should also be possible to implement a Web Service which you then call from your application. https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/itechov/64881/PDF/default/itechov.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation