SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

save SPSS data to sas7bdat: ERROR 6452

Occasional Contributor

save SPSS data to sas7bdat: ERROR 6452

I'd like to collect possible reasons for ERROR 6452 when saving SPSS-files to sas.

• insufficient memory
  • character encoding set to "locale writing system" instead of "unicode" (cited from IBM)

If you have had this error as well and solved it, please let us know...

Super User

Re: save SPSS data to sas7bdat: ERROR 6452

Do you try to read SPSS files in SAS, or do you try to write SAS files from SPSS?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

SPSS into SAS, but not using the importing functionality of SAS, but rather the export (resp. "save as") from SPSS.

I had this (SPSS-)error and found in the net several possibilities, when it could appear, but mine was a different - insufficient memory. So I think it would be a good idea to collect some cases.

Super User

In this case you will be better off consulting a SPSS related forum. I guess that only a very select few here could help you with SPSS error codes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation