BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
srav2
Fluorite | Level 6

Why RFSTDTC, RFXTSDTC , RFENDTC and RFXENDTC are called record qualifiers in DM whereas __STDTC variables in other domains are called as timing variables?

2 REPLIES 2
Bill_SAS
SAS Employee

To get a more accurate and complete answer, I'd suggest asking the SDS team at CDISC.

I will take a stab at answering, but my answer doesn't feel particularly fulfilling even to me. Unlike the --STDTC variables where the -- takes on the domain id, the DM domain's Subject Reference Start Date/Time uses RF and not DM as the prefix. I can't give you a justification over the difference, but there is one. Interestingly, in the 3.1.1 STDMIG the DM RFSTDTC variable was classified as Timing as were the other --STDTC patterned domain variables like CMSTDTC.

Best regards,

Bill

PrasadYadla
Calcite | Level 5

RFSTDTC, RFENDTC, RFXSTDTC, RFXENDTC, RFICDTC, RFPENDTC and BRTHDTC represent date/time values, but they are considered to have
a Record Qualifier role in DM. They are not considered to be Timing Variables because they are not intended for use in the ge neral observation classes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation