SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

"WARNING: Variable <varname> was not found on BASE file. The variable will not be added to the BASE file."?

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

"WARNING: Variable <varname> was not found on BASE file. The variable will not be added to the BASE file."?

I recently removed an "SCL Type 2 Loader" from a DI Studio job, and created a new surrogate PK for the output table. The job ran fine. However, now that I've transferred the job to a new environment, I get the following warning for each of the four variables that were removed along with the SCL Type 2 Loader (policy_sk, valdidfrom_dttm, validto_dttm, and current.): "WARNING: Variable <varname> was not found on BASE file. The variable will not be added to the BASE file."

I'd greatly appreciate advice on how to fix this. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-15-2012 05:11 PM
Super User

Re: "WARNING: Variable <varname> was not found on BASE file. The variable will not be added to the BASE file."?

Posted in reply to TurnTheBacon

It's all there in the error message - you miss a column in the physical target, which the metadata assumes is there.

There are no built in functionality in the Type 2 loader to identify differences between metadata and physical table lay out, and create the code to harmonize the two - it's up to the developer do this separately as a one time fix job - which should be attached when pushing changes to the next environment.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-15-2012 05:11 PM
Super User

Re: "WARNING: Variable <varname> was not found on BASE file. The variable will not be added to the BASE file."?

Posted in reply to TurnTheBacon

It's all there in the error message - you miss a column in the physical target, which the metadata assumes is there.

There are no built in functionality in the Type 2 loader to identify differences between metadata and physical table lay out, and create the code to harmonize the two - it's up to the developer do this separately as a one time fix job - which should be attached when pushing changes to the next environment.

Data never sleeps
🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation