SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

my tables (with all data) appear corrupted following installation of sas university edition update?!

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

my tables (with all data) appear corrupted following installation of sas university edition update?!

After updating /reinstalling sas university edition, all of my tables saved in myfolders have zero rows and zero observations. I'm feeling very worried - what happened to all of my data? In windows, I don't have another application (other than SAS) to open the tables to see if the tables were all ruined. How can I retrieve my data? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
Frequent Contributor

Re: my tables (with all data) appear corrupted following installation of sas university edition upda

"How can I retrieve my data? "

Restore from backup.

You do have a backup, don't you ...?

Norman.
SAS 9.4 (TS1M4) X64_7PRO WIN 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Workstation

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
2 weeks ago
Frequent Contributor

Re: my tables (with all data) appear corrupted following installation of sas university edition upda

"How can I retrieve my data? "

Restore from backup.

You do have a backup, don't you ...?

Norman.

Contributor

I do not know how to access a previous version through my computer. I don't have another copy. 

Frequent Contributor

You could try installing the free SAS Universal Viewer, probably on another computer:

http://support.sas.com/software/products/univiewer/index.html

Norman.

Contributor

I have one computer. I've already installed the update twice. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I decided to give up on solving the issue. Instead, I started with a previous table and recreated all the tables i lost with the code I saved. This problem is solved. thank you. Although I am curious as to why the problem occurred in the first place. 

Frequent Contributor

AlyssaH wrote:

After updating /reinstalling sas university edition, all of my tables saved in myfolders have zero rows and zero observations. I'm feeling very worried - what happened to all of my data? In windows, I don't have another application (other than SAS) to open the tables to see if the tables were all ruined. How can I retrieve my data? 

Sounds strange. I don't see an update for sas ue. 

Community Manager

@AlyssaH - I know that you're feeling nervous, but as you're already tracking this discussion in another thread, it's best not to start a new one that has less information for responders (who really do want to help!).

Contributor

OK. 

Contributor

SAS was updated in July 2017. I recently installed that update.  

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation