BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
margautz
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All,

I have Dataflux Management Studio 2.4.

Is it possible to create a match between full names and initials? I mean, may I create a match between "First Investment Date" and "FID"?

Thank you for your time and help.

Best,

Margherita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Yes, that's it. Use Customize to open the Quality Knowledge Base (QKB) and navigate to the match definition you want to use. Once you open the match definition, you can see the various files that it employs to match data. The product documentation describes how to use the Customize application. Consider making a copy of the match definition first using Customize before you start making changes.

Ron

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Hi Margherita,

Yes, you can do this in DataFlux Data Management Studio 2.4. First you should identify the match definition you want to use, probably the "Organization" match definition for the locale/language of the data you want to match. Then use the Customize component to open the match definition so you can see the different steps of the algorithm. One of these steps will be a standardization step where data is transformed to find matches like you describe. Find the appropriate standardization definition (most organization match definitions will have a standardization "scheme" with a few of these kinds of transformations already), open it and add the variations you would like to have match. Save the scheme changes. If you had a job open while you were making these changes, close it and reopen it to reload the Quality Knowledge Base that contains the updated definiton.

Ron

margautz
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Ron,

thank you for your reply.

I am a dummy in DataFlux 🙂 so... is this the Customize component ?

cust.png

If not, where is the Customize component to open and modify the match definition?

Thank you again and I am sorry for the trivial question.

Best,

Margherita

RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Yes, that's it. Use Customize to open the Quality Knowledge Base (QKB) and navigate to the match definition you want to use. Once you open the match definition, you can see the various files that it employs to match data. The product documentation describes how to use the Customize application. Consider making a copy of the match definition first using Customize before you start making changes.

Ron

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation