BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

We have scheduled One flow which run through LSF and one job in that flow which is running from last 8 hours. Usually it took only 1 hour but today it is taking more than 10 hours and this same job/flow has been running successfully from last 2 years and no changes has been made also.

i want to know where this job is runnig ? this there any to find out where sas di job is running  ?

SAS DI job consist only user wrriten code and in that it is taking data from source and updating it through sas code only.

O/s -LINUX 

4 REPLIES 4
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi ,

We are using the SAS LSF we dont have Grid manager and also we are using sas 9.3

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Oh, I assumed when you asked on which host the batch was running on, that you had a grid.

So then there's just one host chose from, or do I miss something...?

Data never sleeps
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Once you found the SAS log the first thing I'd be looking into:

1. are there much higher data volumes than usually (i.e. after a bad data load into source)

2. bad data loaded resulting in many to many relationships where the code expects it to be 1:1 or 1:m

3. has anything structurally changed in the data source or data target

- disabled, removed or changed index

- change to a column (i.e. change from VARCHAR5 to VARCHAR4000)

- additional columns and somewhere in the SAS code a SELECT *

Comparing the real times between a "good" and the "bad" SAS log should tell you which step needs further investigation.

I'd probably also check if there had been any maintenance work going on (like a massive backup process on the target DBMS).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation