BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I am working with sas data management studio.I got a requirement like this.Thge records which are matching with given input need to be shown in output.For example if i just enter smith as input it should retrieve the records having smith,smithy,smithi,smit.I used  external data provider and sql lookup to look in the database table.Kindly anyone help on this or this can be done in any way.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
skillman
SAS Employee

Sandeep,

This should be answered in this link:

I created an example using the route I suggested and the one you mentioned. Everything worked as expected. See screenshots for a walkthrough:

Sample Process job with Match Code Creation and Test Data Jobs:

match_code_lookup_1.jpg

Match Code creation, insert into database:

match_code_lookup_2.jpg

Test with sample data (3 names):

match_code_lookup_3.jpg

Match code generation of the 3 sample names:

match_code_lookup_4.jpg

SQL Lookup into database using match codes created and results shown (Left 2 highlighted columns are my test data, right highlighted column are the matches returned from the database):

match_code_lookup_5.jpg

SQL Lookup dialog box:

match_code_lookup_6.jpg

Let me know if this helps,

-shawn

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation