SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

etls_jobName in SAS DI transformation

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

etls_jobName in SAS DI transformation

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the jobname from a SAS DI Studio job as a variable in my DI transformation, so I can write this information to a seperate table. I've created two new columns in an Extract with the JobID and JobName. For the JobID I use the macro &SYSJOBID which resolves nicely. For the JobName I am using &etls_jobName. Unfortunatly this is not working. The error I get is:

"Unable to execute query: SQL passthru expression contained these errors: ERROR: The following columns were not found in the contributing tables: <The actual Jobname>.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, It seems that the macro is resolving but I am not getting the jobname as a variable in my extract.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-01-2017 11:26 AM
Super Contributor

Re: etls_jobName in SAS DI transformation

Posted in reply to jklaverstijn
Smells like missing quotation marks around the macro reference ("&etls_jobname") but no way to know for sure.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super Contributor

Posted in reply to petersteijns

Can you provide us with the code of the transformation and the actual log? That would greatly help in what seems a simple issue.

Regards,

- Jan.

Solution
‎03-01-2017 11:26 AM
Super Contributor

Smells like missing quotation marks around the macro reference ("&etls_jobname") but no way to know for sure.
New Contributor

You my friend, you are a hero. Thanks!

Super Contributor

Posted in reply to petersteijns
You're more than welcome. Can you flag the solution?
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation