BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
richard_hu2003
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Folks,

I have an old SAS data file with extension of .ssd04. How could I convert it to .sas7bdat? I am using UNIX SAS on AIX 5.3 (AIX 64) platfom. SAS version is 9.2 (TS2M0) release. Thanks.

Richard
1 REPLY 1
nar_sas
SAS Employee
This is a little out of the scope of this forum, but here is some information. I suggest that questions like this in the future be posted to Base SAS dicussion forum rather than DI.

ssd04 is a Unix V6 SAS Data Set

This topic describes 9.2 support for V6 datasets and how to use them:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostunx/61879/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002256555.htm

As per the doc above, there is a V6 read-only engine in 9.2. The data set has to be the same unix 'flavor' as the environment you are running. If you are not able to access the above link, then I suggest they open a track with SAS Technical Support and they will grant you access.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation