BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidCaliman
Calcite | Level 5

Good morning!

I'm running a job (J_MAIN) within DI Studio that has 3 jobs within it sequentially (J1 -> J2 -> J3).

I noticed that when J1 finished and J2 is running, the J1 work files are not erased.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of setup for after the successful execution of J1, be cleaned the work files used in the J1 before starting automatically J2?

6 REPLIES 6
WayneBell
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

You can use a PROC DELETE LIB=WORK KILL;

This will delete everything in the WORK Dataset.

Wayne

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Is there any reason you need the J1 files to be deleted? If you don't do anything, they'll be scratched when the session ends.

DavidCaliman
Calcite | Level 5

Yes.

In fact, my job J_MAIN has 100 JOBS and so is bursting the work space before it finished completely.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Fair enough...I've had situations like that too.
In that case, Wayne's suggestion should work fine.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

If I understand this right then you've created 3 jobs (J1 to J3) and then a 4th job (J_MAIN) where you just dropped the 3 job objects into. This might look to you like a master job executing 3 child jobs but on a code level this is simply one big job containing all the code from J1, J2 and J3. And as this is one big single job it is also run this way.

So what @WayneBell suggests will work as it simply cleans out the workspace - but it will also clean out the workspace of "J_MAIN" as this is the same.

The clean way of running your 3 jobs in sequence would be to use a scheduler like LSF.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Just to link separate jobs together and check for successful completion between them, you don't even need a fancy scheduler. crontab or Windows Task would be enough. Just build your flows in Management Console.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation