BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I guess the TPT is not set up correctly on the System.

I am using SAS server on Linux. I can use TPT to transfer data from SAS to Teradata table in SAS EG. The coding is as below:

Data TDLib.SAS_To_TD (tpt=yes fastload=yes tpt_max_sessions=4 );

set sashelp.shoes (obs=5);

Run;

But when I transfer data from Teradata to SAS table in SAS EG using the coding below, I got a note (in the EG log file) said that the TPT was not used .

Data work.TD_To_SAS ;

Set TDlib.visits_table (tpt=yes fastexport=yes tpt_max_sessions=4);

Run;

/*NOTE: Teradata connection: TPT (the default) was NOT used, the FastExport utility was used instead.*/

Do you have any idea what software is missing on the SAS server side or Teradata server side? Thank you!

Jade

5 REPLIES 5
kiranv_
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

can you try through libname statement as shown below.

Libname tera Teradata user=testuser pw=testpw FASTEXPORT=YES;

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you, I tried the following with Server and database, the libname statement works. But my question is the TPT can not be used when transfer data from Teradata to SAS table.

Libname tera Teradata server=Teradata database=testDB user=testuser pw=testpw FASTEXPORT=YES;

kiranv_
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

did you see whether this did tpt fastexport

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

fastexport works, but not the TPT. Thank you!

sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Hi ,

Have you got any solution for this? we are on the same situation.

Thanks,

SS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation