Please see screenshot on my warnings. According my project,

Source Table: ABR_IPG_LI

Target Table: STG1_IPG_LI

Audit Trail Table: Aud_IPG_LI

We have a variable called user, etl_table, User and lib only
in Audit trail table and all the character variable has a length of 52 which is
more than the required. But the values are correctly recorded into target table
and audit trail table.

But I wish to resolve the warnings before I proceed further.
Please suggest to overcome this warnings.

Varibale_Length_Warnings.png
3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The screen shot says Post Code, what does that do?

Attach the full log.

Sometimes it can be tricky to resolve columns lengths in small jobs. If you can't find any other solution insert a Extract transform before the Table Loader and be sure to define your columns lengths there as in the target table.

Data never sleeps
RamKumar
Fluorite | Level 6

Unfortunately I don't access to extract the full logs for your reference.

Also as you defined, I've added Extract transform before the Table Loader with required lengths, but still I'm getting the same warning.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I believe what tries to tell you: "Postcode" indicates that there is some post code in your table loader which causes this warning. Such post code is often user written and doesn't use table metadata. In order to investigate what's happening you need to look into the SAS log and into the actual post code as defined in the table loader.

The warning you're getting is normally caused by a Proc Append and when using a table loader selecting Append without replacing the target table then what can happen is that you might have changed the column lengths in your metadata table definition but as the physical SAS table already existed the column lengths there haven't changed and are "out of synch" with table metadata. So first thing: make sure the column definitions in your source and target table are the same, try and run your table loader selecting a "replace" as load technique, then re-run the job again but this time with the load technique you actually want. If you still get the error then the issue is VERY likely caused by some code in the pre- or post-code section of your table loader.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation