BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
UPRETIGOPI
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all

I have large zipped data files on SAS Server. I would like to unzip them in the SAS server instead of downloading zipped files to the local machine, unzipping and uploading them again into SAS Server. Is there SAS codes or macros that can be used to perform unzipping zipped files on the SAS Server ? I would really appreciate your assistance in this regard. Thanks

Chandara

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

If you have SAS 9.4 you can read directly from a zipped file.

Otherwise you can use OS commands to unzip the file, are you on Unix or Windows?Do you have 7z installed on the server?

Here's a similar question from last week with code samples.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Base-SAS-Programming/Import-CSV-file-in-zip-format-into-sas-server/m-...

UPRETIGOPI
Obsidian | Level 7

My SAS version is 9.3 and Window environment. Thanks

Chandra

Reeza
Super User

This is the code to unzip a SAS file, replacing the paths for your system. 

x '"C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\7z.exe" e "C:\_localdata\delete.zip" -o"C:\_localdata\"';

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation