BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
asdf_sas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

i have a question, not directly related to SAS, but i hope somebody can relate to this problem and may have an answer.

I'm using an excel file which is suited to import tables to erwin.

This file has a column named "native type" where you define datatypes for specific columns. I have to import my character fields as "VARGRAPHIC" in DB2 format.

The data imports correctly, but not in any cases. if i define my columns wirh "VARGRAPHIC" the fields are imported as "VARWCHAR".

I guess the different encoding (from ebcdic to unicode) is the problem.

does anybody has a solution how do i import my columns as VARGRAPHIC? The definition is a requirement made by my managers and cannot be changes so easily.

(I would rather use varchar or something else...) Otherwise if i import my data with varchar i can change all varchar fields manually to vargraphic but with more than 10000 variables... its really is painful.... ignoring the fakt

changes are made to the data model... and i have to import it again.

Well im open for solutions, workarounds or other stuff

thanks

s

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

By saying "not directly related to SAS" you might want to wonder if it's good idea to use a SAS forum for your question. It's not related at all to SAS what I understand 😉

Try the ERwn forums instead!

Community - CA ERwin

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation