SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Teradata Wallet

Frequent Contributor

Teradata Wallet

Anybody out there using Teradata Wallet? I cannot seem to get it to work in EG. I've logged in to the Dev platform and tried executing the following:

libname td Teradata user="$tdwallet(user_td)" password="$tdwallet(password_td)" server=teradata_dev;

This is after setting up the user_td and password_td values on the Dev server using the tdwallet CLI app. 

The error I get is:

ERROR: Teradata connection: CLI2: TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. .
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I have gotten the Wallet to work with FastExport (Teradata utility) however. 

SAS Employee

Re: Teradata Wallet

Hi @pcapazzi,

Can you give this a try?

libname td Teradata user="$tdwallet(user_td)" password="$tdwallet" server=teradata_dev;

Best wishes,

Jeff

Frequent Contributor

It is still giving me an error.

libname td Teradata user="$tdwallet(user_td)" password="$tdwallet" server=Teradata_dev;

23         libname td Teradata user="$tdwallet(user_td)" password=XXXXXXXXXXX server=teradata_dev;
ERROR: Teradata connection: CLI2: TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. .
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I am using LDAP so my user ID end with @LDAP. I'm not clear on $tdwallet is used for the password. I am not supposed to provide a value like $tdwallet(pass_td)? The tdwallet program does have it's own password which I thought was for managing these stored entries. In case that password is what $tdwallet would provide I made it the same as my network password for use by LDAP. I still had no luck. The only think I did change in your code was the server name and changed it back in what you see above.

SAS Employee

Hi @pcapazzi

You can use LDAP without using Teradata wallet.

The Teradata wallet example I provided came from the SAS doc. Using LDAP is covered here too:

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=acreldb&docsetTarget=p1djetrmbn53w3n0z737je0qpqt5.htm&docs...

Best wishes,

Jeff

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation