BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Hsej
Fluorite | Level 6

My question relates to the SASPy module for Python and specifically how to connect to all libraries that are available in SAS DI Studio. I have setup a winiomwin connection using the package configuration file. I have the following lines in sascfg.py :

SAS_config_names = ['winiomwin']
SAS_config_options = {'lock_down': True}

# build out a local classpath variable to use below for Windows clients
cpW = "C:\\Program Files\\SASHome94\\SASDeploymentManager\\9.4\\products\\deploywiz__94390__prt__xx__sp0__1\\deploywiz\\sas.svc.connection.jar"
cpW += ";C:\\Program Files\\SASHome94\\SASDeploymentManager\\9.4\\products\\deploywiz__94390__prt__xx__sp0__1\\deploywiz\\log4j.jar"
cpW += ";C:\\Program Files\\SASHome94\\SASDeploymentManager\\9.4\\products\\deploywiz__94390__prt__xx__sp0__1\\deploywiz\\sas.security.sspi.jar"
cpW += ";C:\\Program Files\\SASHome94\\SASDeploymentManager\\9.4\\products\\deploywiz__94390__prt__xx__sp0__1\\deploywiz\\sas.core.jar"
cpW += ";C:\\Users\\hsej\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36-32\\Lib\\site-packages\\saspy\\java\\saspyiom.jar"

# and, if you've configured iom to use encryption, you need these client side jars
cpW += ";C:\\Program Files\\SASHome94\\SASVersionedJarRepository\\eclipse\\plugins\\sas.rutil_904300.0.0.20150204190000_v940m3\\sas.rutil.jar"
cpW += ";C:\\Program Files\\SASHome94\\SASVersionedJarRepository\\eclipse\\plugins\\sas.rutil.nls_904300.0.0.20150204190000_v940m3\\sas.rutil.nls.jar"
cpW += ";C:\\Program Files\\SASHome94\\SASVersionedJarRepository\\eclipse\\plugins\\sastpj.rutil_6.1.0.0_SAS_20121211183517\\sastpj.rutil.jar"

# Windows client and Windows IOM server
winiomwin = {'java': 'C:\\ProgramData\\Oracle\\java\\javapath\\java.exe',
             'iomhost': 'xx.xxx.xx.xx',
             'iomport': 8591,
             'authkey': 'xxx',
             'encoding': 'windows-1252',
             'classpath': cpW,
             'appserver' : 'xxx'
             }

In addition, I have placed the _authinfo file in my home folder and have updated all classpath variables. This connection works technically and I can start my session.

For example, I start a SAS session like this:

import odksas
from odksas import output
from odksas.constants import CONSTANTS, SYNTAX

# Start session
sas = odksas.create_sas_session_object()

# Execute code
code = sas.submit(SYNTAX.get('test_1'))
output.get_sas_output(code)
output.get_sas_output(sas.datasets('yyy'))

test = sas.sasdata('data_file_name', 'yyy')
output.get_sas_output(test.describe())
output.get_sas_output(test.head(100))

# SAS model object
cars = sas.sasdata('cars', 'sashelp')
output.get_sas_output(cars.bar('EngineSize'))

stat = sas.sasstat()
my_dict = {'model': 'horsepower = cylinders enginesize', 'by': 'type', 'data': cars.sort('type')}
model = stat.reg(**my_dict)
output.get_sas_output(model)

This code executes without error.

Now here is my question:

In DI Studio I can access data that I am not able to access through the SASPy session. How is this possible? I would like to access the same data via the SASPy session.

For example, when I "check out" a job with at least one source table and run;

libname _ALL_ list;

I can access the following libref (log):

NOTE: Libref=   xxx
      Scope=    IOM ROOT COMP ENV
      Engine=   BASE
      Physical Name= x:\xxxx\xxxx\xxx\xxx\Data
      Filename= x:\xxxx\xxxx\xxx\xxx\Data

However, I cannot access the same libref when I run the same statement (libname _ALL_ list) from the SASPy session. Also when I try to run the libname assignment that works in DI Studio, I get this error:

/* Access the data for xxx  */
LIBNAME xxx BASE "x:\xxxx\xxxx\xxx\xxx\Data";
NOTE: Library xxx does not exist.

I think there is something wrong with my connection, can someone figure it out? I have read the guides and troubleshooting section on the package webpage without finding answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hsej
Fluorite | Level 6

I had to add the full path to the data file directory in the libref assignment, including iomserver and parent directories. Here is an example:

/* Assign libref from SASPy session */
LIBNAME mylib BASE "!SAS_REP\xxxx\xxxx\xxx\xxx\Data";

!SAS_REP is a user-defined environment variable on the Windows client machine, for example: "\\sas-app-x-xx\Data". Remember to add the environment variable to the client machine.

However, it is not necessary to use the environment variable. This works as well:

LIBNAME mylib BASE "\\sas-app-x-xx\Data\xxxx\xxxx\xxx\xxx\Data"; 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hsej
Fluorite | Level 6

I had to add the full path to the data file directory in the libref assignment, including iomserver and parent directories. Here is an example:

LIBNAME mylib BASE "!SAS_REP\xxxx\xxxx\xxx\xxx\Data";

!SAS_REP is a user-defined environment variable on the Windows client machine, for example: "\\sas-app-x-xx\Data". Remember to add the environment variable to the client machine.

However, it is not necessary to use the environment variable. This works as well:

LIBNAME mylib BASE "\\sas-app-x-xx\Data\xxxx\xxxx\xxx\xxx\Data"; 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation