BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bustergomez
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I can update a table in linux executing a sas prog that updates a hadoop table like:

I tried ;:

data hadoop.&file (DBCREATE_TABLE_OPTS="PARTITION BY (I INT)");
i=1; output;
j=2; output;
run;

I get this error:

HADOOP_6: Executed: on connection 2
CREATE TABLE `TD_201701` (`i` DOUBLE,`j` DOUBLE) PARTITION BY (I INT)  TBLPROPERTIES ('SAS OS Name'='Linux','SAS
Version'='9.04.01M3P06242015')

ERROR: Execute error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: ParseException line 1:49 missing EOF at 'PARTITION' near ')'
ERROR: Error attempting to CREATE a DBMS table. ERROR: Error creating a Hive table (CREATE TABLE failed)..
NOTE: The DATA step has been abnormally terminated.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: SAS set option OBS=0 and will continue to check statements. This might cause NOTE: No observations in data set.
WARNING: The data set HADOOP.TD_201701 may be incomplete.  When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 2 variables.

Summary Statistics for HADOOP are:
Total SQL execution seconds were:                   0.014254
Total SQL prepare seconds were:                     0.279080
Total seconds used by the HADOOP ACCESS engine were     0.300688

but I

I found this PDF: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0190-2017.pdf

What I want to do is, when I get a new text file (monthly basis) is update a partition using SAS.  I'm updating the tables in linux.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Your data step looks a bit weird. Why are you creating 'j' after the first output?
Try:
Options sastrace ",,,d" sastraceloc = saslog nostsuffix msglevel =i;
You probably get more info in the log from Hive.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation