SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

SAS to HDFS

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS to HDFS

Hi All,

Can I connect and push data to HDFS by using SAS University Edition 9.4. I also want to query tables residing in HDFS, update them and then push them back to HDFS.  If anyone having any knowledge please share. Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-27-2017 04:38 AM
Super User

Re: SAS to HDFS

Connecting to HDFS is way beyond the "learn the SAS basics" scope of SAS UE.

So the answer is simply no.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎06-27-2017 04:38 AM
Super User

Connecting to HDFS is way beyond the "learn the SAS basics" scope of SAS UE.

So the answer is simply no.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I had a few more questions. Would be grateful to have your reply. Can i know the difference between SAS and SAS/Access? And with my University Edition 9.4M, can I have SAS/Access to connect to HDFS?

Super User

The SAS/ACCESS modules are additional pices of software on top of Base SAS that enable direct access to certain data sources (relational databases, MS Office files, etc).

SAS UE contains ACCESS to PC Files (MS Office and the like).

(list of contained modules can be found in the documentation: http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/)

You cannot connect to HDFS, period.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation