SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

SAS integration with Spark

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS integration with Spark

Hai...

I am new to SAS and just started with Base Programming. When Iam finished with it, planning to do DI. My query is whether we can integrate SAS with Apache Spark just like we do it with Hadoop. If so, in what language can we do it ie Scala, Mapreduce etc.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-13-2018 04:12 PM
SAS Employee

Re: SAS integration with Spark

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to Harishankar_90

Hi @Harishankar_90

I am the SAS Product Manager for Data Access and In-Database. Right now, I don't have a good answer for you. We have no specific SAS/ACCESS product for Spark. That being said, it is being looked into. That is all I can say at this time. Stay tuned.

It is true that Data Loader for Hadoop does include Spark functionality but I don't think it covers what you are interested in.

Best wishes,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Contributor

Super User

Not quite, since data loader for Hadoop is separately licenced.
But if you use, you create "directives" that holds the logic you define. They are in turn possible to call from DI Studio:
http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=etlug&docsetTarget=p1fbrvn25x937sn1vtt5ag9epxfh.htm&docsetVer...

You can execute MapReduce tasks from PROC HADOOP (there's a corresponding transformation) but that wouldn't be Spark I guess.
Data never sleeps
Super User

Data never sleeps
Solution
‎02-13-2018 04:12 PM
SAS Employee

[ Edited ]

Hi @Harishankar_90

I am the SAS Product Manager for Data Access and In-Database. Right now, I don't have a good answer for you. We have no specific SAS/ACCESS product for Spark. That being said, it is being looked into. That is all I can say at this time. Stay tuned.

It is true that Data Loader for Hadoop does include Spark functionality but I don't think it covers what you are interested in.

Best wishes,

Jeff

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation