BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I am looking for a sas formation for fiancial information system architect ( banking: market, credit, operationnel, stress ..)

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I don't really understand what you are asking.
Can you elaborate / rephrase, or exemplify?
Data never sleeps
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I am looking for a sas course  for a person who wants to be a
sas architect  specialized in Financial information system( banking : credit, market, operationnel ...)

Thank you

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Ok, I see.

To be a (good) architect, you just can't take courses.

IMO, you need several years of experience as a developer/DBA/administrator.

If you wish to specialize on a specific industry, you need a honest interest in the business requirements.

That said, here's a package of training that could be of interest:

• General SAS training: corresponding to the advanced certification
  • DI Studio: ETL is the backbone in any DW/BI/Analytical system
  • SAS Intelligence Platform administration
  • The SAS Financial Management is a quite specific solution: so any training taken here should be taken near/within a project. I haven't taken them my self, so you better talk to a SAS training representative to guide you which course(s) suits your needs: http://support.sas.com/training/us/paths/pm.html
  • Data Modelling: you should be comfortable with understanding, extending and map source data to a 3rd normal form database. You also need to handle dimensional models. These are not SAS specific capabilities, but there are plenty of training, books, web material available
  • General IT architecture: at least some basic knowledge of OS behaviour, networking, RDBMS, web applications etc

Good luck!

Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation