BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I am looking for a sas formation for fiancial information system architect ( banking: market, credit, operationnel, stress ..)

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I don't really understand what you are asking.
Can you elaborate / rephrase, or exemplify?
Data never sleeps
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I am looking for a sas course  for a person who wants to be a
sas architect  specialized in Financial information system( banking : credit, market, operationnel ...)

Thank you

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Ok, I see.

To be a (good) architect, you just can't take courses.

IMO, you need several years of experience as a developer/DBA/administrator.

If you wish to specialize on a specific industry, you need a honest interest in the business requirements.

That said, here's a package of training that could be of interest:

• General SAS training: corresponding to the advanced certification
  • DI Studio: ETL is the backbone in any DW/BI/Analytical system
  • SAS Intelligence Platform administration
  • The SAS Financial Management is a quite specific solution: so any training taken here should be taken near/within a project. I haven't taken them my self, so you better talk to a SAS training representative to guide you which course(s) suits your needs: http://support.sas.com/training/us/paths/pm.html
  • Data Modelling: you should be comfortable with understanding, extending and map source data to a 3rd normal form database. You also need to handle dimensional models. These are not SAS specific capabilities, but there are plenty of training, books, web material available
  • General IT architecture: at least some basic knowledge of OS behaviour, networking, RDBMS, web applications etc

Good luck!

Data never sleeps