SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

SAS and Salesforce - Your input needed

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
SAS Employee
Accepted Solution

SAS and Salesforce - Your input needed

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you are using SAS with Salesforce we could use your help. I am looking for advice. Feel free to contact me directly!

Here are a sample of the questions we need help with:

1/ Do you use custom objects in Salesforce?

2/ What is the typical size of a large collection of objects in Salesforce? How many records? Size per record?

3/ Do you write data to Salesforce?

4/ Can you provide same queries that you run from SAS?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Wednesday
SAS Employee

Re: SAS and Salesforce - Your input needed

I asked a couple of people this question via e-mail. Here is what I was told...

1) Do you use custom objects in Salesforce?

We access numerous custom objects (both objects and custom fields) in the SFDC implementation.  From the perspective of the driver, there really is no difference between built in and custom.

2) What is the typical size of a large collection of objects in Salesforce?

I’m not clear on what you are looking for here.  What are you defining as a collection of objects?  How many records? We regularly pull tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of record out in a matter of minutes.  Size per record?  Varies by object – many of the objects are quite wide, up to hundreds of fields.  I would have to calculate size, not immediately available.

3) Do you write data to Salesforce? 

Yes.  We can write directly via the ODBC driver with SQL INSERT and UPDATE statements.  We can also write via calls to the SFDC web services API.

4) Can you provide same queries that you run from SAS? 

As I said above, we don’t run queries directly from SAS.  We utilize Data Management Studio and the SFDC ODBC driver for data pulls from SFDC.  Most of the queries are quite simple, such as

SELECT *

FROM SFORCE.ACCOUNT

WHERE SYS_LASTMODIFIEDDATE > '%%FILTER_LAST_UPDATE_DTTM%%';

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Wednesday
SAS Employee

Re: SAS and Salesforce - Your input needed

I asked a couple of people this question via e-mail. Here is what I was told...

1) Do you use custom objects in Salesforce?

We access numerous custom objects (both objects and custom fields) in the SFDC implementation.  From the perspective of the driver, there really is no difference between built in and custom.

2) What is the typical size of a large collection of objects in Salesforce?

I’m not clear on what you are looking for here.  What are you defining as a collection of objects?  How many records? We regularly pull tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of record out in a matter of minutes.  Size per record?  Varies by object – many of the objects are quite wide, up to hundreds of fields.  I would have to calculate size, not immediately available.

3) Do you write data to Salesforce? 

Yes.  We can write directly via the ODBC driver with SQL INSERT and UPDATE statements.  We can also write via calls to the SFDC web services API.

4) Can you provide same queries that you run from SAS? 

As I said above, we don’t run queries directly from SAS.  We utilize Data Management Studio and the SFDC ODBC driver for data pulls from SFDC.  Most of the queries are quite simple, such as

SELECT *

FROM SFORCE.ACCOUNT

WHERE SYS_LASTMODIFIEDDATE > '%%FILTER_LAST_UPDATE_DTTM%%';

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 1 in conversation