BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aj34321
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

Im trying to insert records into SQL Server table through SQL Passthrough from SAS Dataset. Below is the code which Im using and error I get. Looks like i cannot use the SAS Dataset reference in a SQL Passthrough. Please advice how can i fix this.

Note:

On SQL Server, i dont have option to create a temporary table.

I can use a normal sql insert, but wondering how can i use it this way.

connect to sqlsvr (&sqlconn.);
execute
(
insert into sqlschema.sqltable
(
col1,
col2,
col3
)
select
col1,
col2,
col3
from mylib.sas_dataset;
) by sqlsvr;
disconnect from sqlsvr;

ERROR: CLI execute error: [SAS/ACCESS to SQL Server][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][Microsoft SQL Server]Invalid object name 'mylib.sas_dataset'.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

SQL Pass Through is a direct connection to your server, and this means you lose access to your SAS data sets. 

One possible workaround is to create a macro that generates the records you need to insert, but if you can use a standard insert that's easier to program.

aj34321
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Reeza.

One more query - I'm trying to use BULKLOAD option and getting below error :

ERROR: BCP=/BULKLOAD= option not supported by this datasource.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

odbc.ini has EnableBulkLoad=1

Note: I'm using SAS from AIX environment.

Request our advise on this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation