BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fatcat
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, i am trying to connect to Hortonworks with SAS/Access for Hadoop. Able to get the klist, and able to ssh from the SAS Client machine to the one of the nodes. But getting an error when trying to connect via SAS EG. Any idea?

libname zhdplib  hadoop subprotocol='hive2' server='myserver'   schema=myschema; user='user123' pwd='Test123';

ERROR: Unable to connect to the Hive server.
ERROR: Error trying to establish connection.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi Alex,

Are these the only messages displaying in your SAS log?

Best wishes,

Jeff

fatcat
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jeff, yes those are the only errors i get when i submit the libname from SAS EG. I have explicitly set the config/jar paths also like so:

options set=SAS_HADOOP_CONFIG_PATH="/sashome/hadoopConfigFiles";
options set=SAS_HADOOP_JAR_PATH="/sashome/hadoopJarFiles";

JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi Alex,

This is most likely a configuration issue - typically missing JARs or config files. I experience this problem about twice every month. Since you are using Kerberos finding the cause of your issue could be difficult to do via the SAS Communities. The best way to proceed is to contact SAS Tech Support. They will take a look at your configuration (JARs and XML config files) and may have you run standalone connection programs that will help determine if the problem is with the SAS or Keberos configuration.

Here is the link for reporting problems.
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform//createForm

Take a look at the SAS 9.4 Hadoop Configuration Guide (I am assuming you are using SAS 9.4). It will help you when discussing your issues with SAS Tech Support.

Let me know if I can help in any way. Good luck!

Best wishes,
Jeff

fatcat
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Jeff. SAS TS is working on it. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation