BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rahutnimje
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

I am new to SAS Federation server. And I am stuck with the following things.

I created the view using Oracle and Postgres data to the BASE DSN with certain path configured.

I wanted to use this view from SAS clients such as SAS EG or DI for the path (as a library), But when I am trying it with proc sql or data step it shows some metadata defintion as below :

SAS_ROW_ID SAS_CHECKSUM_ SAS_TEXTVIEW_

-1 -66527388211 MAVOACOGVGFSUKGGRGDETK2KVG.........

I even tried with Proc fedsql, But then it throws certain error. It might be reading the definition, but SAS is not understanding that and giving the below error:

ERROR: Table "ora.FEDDB.SALES_DATA_ORACLE" does not exist or cannot be accessed.

Even if I create the view using the data from BASE SAS DSN, while accessing it gives the same error.

Question 2:

I have another question on SAS Cache view :

When I create the chache and try to refresh, it creates the new cache table in the schema where we define to create,

with some default naming conventions.

Is it possible to delete the older cache and replace it with new with some customized naming conventions?

I tried running purge cache statement, but that got failed with some error :

[22001]String data, right-truncated Order Priority

1 REPLY 1
ACBradley
SAS Employee

Hi rahutnimje,

On your first question:

Are you attempting to create a Federation Server view on an Oracle DBMS view or a BASE SAS view? 

Could you list the CREATE DSN statement used in Federation Server?

On your second question:

The ALTER CACHE...REFRESH will create a new cached object with default naming.  You can issue a DROP CACHE statement to remove the view.

Clark

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation