BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Peter_Wine
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All, I got the following error during running transformation: "Transpose" in SAS DI: "ERROR: Too many bad BY groups." I found that I have to add "LET" option to PROC TRANSPOSE, but how can I do that in SAS DI. I tried to put it manually in "Code" tab but it doesn't work. Also in tab: "Options" -> "Other options" -> "Specify PROC TRANSPOSE options:" when I put it here I don't see it in the code and doesn't work.. Please help, Piotr
3 REPLIES 3
lethcons
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Piotr

I'm not sure I can help, but you really need to include the versions of SAS and DI Studio, and the client and server platform, in order to get a sensible answer. Also a log extract would be helpful.

-Howard

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

First, TRANSPOSE (from rows to columns) don't work that good in a DI/meta data environment.

What do you mean by "I tried to put it manually in "Code" tab but it doesn't work"?

Data never sleeps
Peter_Wine
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, Unfortunately I inherited some job in SAS DI which use this transformation and it stops there. I tried to modify code manually in the "code" tab (Right click -> Properties -> Code -> User written body -> proc transpose......). Cheers, Piotr

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation