SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

SAS DI: "Transponse" transformation. "ERROR: Too many bad BY groups."

Occasional Contributor

SAS DI: "Transponse" transformation. "ERROR: Too many bad BY groups."

Hi All, I got the following error during running transformation: "Transpose" in SAS DI: "ERROR: Too many bad BY groups." I found that I have to add "LET" option to PROC TRANSPOSE, but how can I do that in SAS DI. I tried to put it manually in "Code" tab but it doesn't work. Also in tab: "Options" -> "Other options" -> "Specify PROC TRANSPOSE options:" when I put it here I don't see it in the code and doesn't work.. Please help, Piotr
Occasional Contributor

Re: SAS DI: "Transponse" transformation. "ERROR: Too many bad BY groups."

Posted in reply to Peter_Wine

Hi Piotr

I'm not sure I can help, but you really need to include the versions of SAS and DI Studio, and the client and server platform, in order to get a sensible answer. Also a log extract would be helpful.

-Howard

Super User

Posted in reply to Peter_Wine

First, TRANSPOSE (from rows to columns) don't work that good in a DI/meta data environment.

What do you mean by "I tried to put it manually in "Code" tab but it doesn't work"?

Data never sleeps
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Unfortunately I inherited some job in SAS DI which use this transformation and it stops there. I tried to modify code manually in the "code" tab (Right click -> Properties -> Code -> User written body -> proc transpose......). Cheers, Piotr
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation