SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

SAS DI Studio jobs

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS DI Studio jobs

Hello,

I have a question - 

My SAS DI has about 100+ jobs and most of them are using tables from a particular schema (Oracle), Now suppose if i drop the tables and create views with the same name as tables and same structure, so do i need to make any changes to jobs also? or they will pick views automatically during execution time?

Please provide views.

Regards,

Mike

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Employee

Re: SAS DI Studio jobs

Posted in reply to Micheal_S

I tested this on a local SAS/Oracle installation with an existing DI Studio job that reads Oracle tables. I dropped the tables in Oracle and replaced them with same-named views in Oracle. After the change the job completed successfully without changes to the job or to the Oracle table metadata. The job I tested has a Join transformation and is set for implicit pass through (Pass Through = No).

YMMV.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Employee

Posted in reply to Micheal_S

I tested this on a local SAS/Oracle installation with an existing DI Studio job that reads Oracle tables. I dropped the tables in Oracle and replaced them with same-named views in Oracle. After the change the job completed successfully without changes to the job or to the Oracle table metadata. The job I tested has a Join transformation and is set for implicit pass through (Pass Through = No).

YMMV.

Contributor

Posted in reply to RobertLigtenberg

Great. Thanks Robert

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation