BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sht
Fluorite | Level 6 sht
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Experties.....

I am facing issue while executing DI job. Version is 4.2

Below is the error message

ERROR: A lock is not available for Lib.DATA

But table is not used in any session. I tried by restarting services, but still getting same error.

So I have to take server restart.

But if you guys know any option to unlock a table, please let me know.

Thank you....

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Okhams razor. Investigate the obvious first, meaning if SAS says there is a lock, chances are that this correct. Restarting services does not help since many types of SAS sessions runs independently.
In rare occasions a SAS session that abends with an input lock on a table can leave a lock file.
How have you verified that there is no process locking the file?
If the data set is on a share or mountable disk the SAS process could be remote even.
Also, it's possible to create logic in your job that creates locks for subsequent steps. Analyze the generated code and the whole log carefully.
Data never sleeps
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Is it a SAS dataset or a table in SAS/Access?

cemccoy
Calcite | Level 5

Not sure if this is the issue but I have this problem from time to time and it is always my automated cloud backup creating the issue. I often have to put it to sleep for a few hours while working on SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation