BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
manasiarora
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I'm new to SAS. Have recently purchased SAS 9.2 along with SAS/ACCESS for SQL Server and ODBC.

I was wondering if SAS/ACCESS has a SDK that one can use to build a new connector to a custom DB. i do not want to use the ODBC connector provided by SAS as i want to be able to perform some custom tasks that are not generally provided by generic ODBC.

Thanks in advance
Manasi
2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi

I might be wrong but isn't the SAS ODBC driver for accessing SAS files from other applications via ODBC?

If so then the ODBC provider for a data base would be distributed by the data base vendor and not by SAS.

What the SAS/Access engine to ODBC does is translating SAS code into ODBC syntax, sending this code to the ODBC provider (via a connector possibly) and retrieve the response.

You sure can't modify the SAS/Access engine as this is not open source ....

By the way:
This question is better asked in the SAS Macro Facility.... forum as this is the most technical one.

HTH
Patrick
Ksharp
Super User

SAS/ACCESS does not has a SDK.But you can use JDBC of SAS for Java to connect to SAS library.

Or If your comany purchase integrated technology ,then you can develop some client software to talk to sas by Java , .NET , VB....

Or If your company has purchased SAS/CONNECT SAS/SHARE ,you also can connect to sas dataset.

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation