SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Register the WORK dataset

Super Contributor

Register the WORK dataset

Where I can find the WORK library dataset in SAS DI Studio 4.2? Also can I register the WORK library dataset in DI Studio?

Super User

Re: Register the WORK dataset

Usually, you shouldn't really use WORK in DIS for registering table objects.

In the past I have done so for work-arounds because I wanted to graphically show output helper data sets from certain transformations, like Validation (Validation have been fixed in later releases). Other scenarios than this, I can't see any use of using a registered WORK library.

If you still want to do it, just do ut - but mark it as pre-assigned by external configuration (otherwise DIS tries to issue a LIBNAME WORK statement). This can have side affects on EG users, so test it first outside production.

Data never sleeps
Super User

Why would you want to register something that is transient and not there the next time a SAS process starts?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
Super Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

I've the SAS code which creates a permanent SAS dataset from a WORK dataset. Now I've to do the same work in SAS DI studio. Could you please tell me how can I achieve the same thing in DI studio?

Super User

I don't think DI Studio lets you create tables in WORK, so how do you get a table there?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
Super Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

Let me rephrase the question. How can I create the new permanent dataset from other premanent dataset in DI studio?

Super User

You mean as a metadata object?

If it's just a one time thingy, just copy and paste...?

Data never sleeps
Super Contributor

If I do a copy/paste then I no need to register the table in metadata?
Super User

If you that it will generate a table registration in metadata.
I don't really understand why you ask such questions?
Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation