SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Re: View Teradata tables in SAS

Accepted Solution Solved
Super User
Super User
Accepted Solution

Check the setting of the VALIDVARNAME option.  Perhaps you have it set the V6 and your table names are all longer than 8 characters?

Try seeing if you can use pass thru SQL with that connection to read from one of the tables that you can when using Teradata tools.

libname ABCD teradata user='user' password="******" 
  tdpid=tera1.home.com schema=ABCD_EFG_HIK
;

proc sql ;
  connect using ABCD ;
  select * from connection to ABCD
   (select top 1 * from ABDC_EFG_HIK.table1)
  ;
quit;

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-08-2017 09:38 AM
Frequent Contributor

Thank you ChrisHemedinger. I had contact with Teradata team and there was some issues with access rights. I didn't have 'select' permission on this table. Now I can see the tables.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

Another reason you might see a difference: if EG is accessing the libraries using SAS Metadata, the tables might need to be registered in metadata for you to see the contents.  @Tom supplied good sample code for you to see if you have access via your SAS session, but you might need to petition your SAS admin to either register the tables or grant you ReadMetadata and Read access to the library/SAS folder where the data sets are registered.

Solution
‎05-08-2017 09:38 AM
Frequent Contributor

Thank you ChrisHemedinger. I had contact with Teradata team and there was some issues with access rights. I didn't have 'select' permission on this table. Now I can see the tables.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation