SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Pushing BIGINT data from Oracle to Teradata issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Pushing BIGINT data from Oracle to Teradata issue

[ Edited ]

While reading and pushing BIGINT data type in teradata i am facing problem..if i create the table in teradara with one of the column defined data type IS BIGINT but it will not appear in sas di what i do......thanks in advance.....

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-15-2016 01:16 AM
Super User

Re: while i am pushing data from the oracle to Teradatra issues is that if defined BIG INT data type

DI Studio uses Base SAS and is therefore bound to its limitations.
Use a direct connection between the databases, or program it manually, using proc ds2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: while i am pushing data from the oracle to Teradatra issues is that if defined BIG INT data type

In a standard SAS data step, there is no BIGINT data type. SAS only knows 8-byte real numeric data.

Either use a direct connection from one DB to the other, or take a look at PROC DS2, which has more datatypes, including BIGINT.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super User

There have been several threads on the communities dealing with this issue.

A quick search will hopefully give you some insight and alternatives how to proceed.

Data never sleeps
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
I have predefined library of Teradata which is has target blank tabkes only
definition is there and I have another source library of Oracle in that
table there is column xyz and that defined in Teradata xyz with bigint data
type ...when using sas di studio i am connecting to Oracle to Teradata
table that time Teradata table columns which is created in Teradata with
data type BIGINT NOT SHOW why is it happening only for BIGINT DATA TYPE
DEFINED NOT VISIBLE IN SAS DI STUDIO...so how I can achieve it
Solution
‎11-15-2016 01:16 AM
Super User

DI Studio uses Base SAS and is therefore bound to its limitations.
Use a direct connection between the databases, or program it manually, using proc ds2.

SAS Employee

Re: Pushing BIGINT data from Oracle to Teradata issue

Hi @ganeshmule,

Check out...

Problem Note 39831: Problem occurs with BIGINT data types within SAS 9.2 (pay special attention to the environment variable at the bottom)

Usage Note 31560: Choosing your degree of numeric precision

Best wishes,

Jeff

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation