BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shussa
Calcite | Level 5

Wanted to ask about the parallel processing capabilities in DI studio.  As I understand, parallel processing in a non grid environment is only limited to the loop transformation?  Is there a way to extend this to non-loop jobs?  I can do this easily in base SAS, SAS/connect but finding it difficult using DI options.

Many thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

You can try: Job properties-options->enable parallel processing macros(Macros code are generated at the top of the job code then you can write your code)

If you use Loop transformation these macros are generated default(you can find more info in Documentation).

Parallel.png.

Thanks,

Shiva

Shussa
Calcite | Level 5

Is there any information within the documentation

on the generated macro and how we can use these or do I have to go through the code Smiley Sad

I have got it working within loop transformation but was wondering if these would be implemented within other transformation.  Seems like the answer is no

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

You can just try reading about 

Setting Options for Parallel Processing in SAS DI documentation.

Thanks,

Shiva

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation