SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Need to get the SAS DI Filewriter filename to use in another macro

Accepted Solution Solved
User
Accepted Solution

Need to get the SAS DI Filewriter filename to use in another macro

I have a filewriter transform where I have added a timestamp parameter to the filename that gets written to. This of course changes each day it is run.

I would like to know how can I capture the filename to use in another macro that will FTP the file to another location?

The log shows something like this:

Filename=/usr/DATA/ETL/TextOutput/myfile_20160429.txt

Is this the best way to accomplish this issue or should I use a User Written solution?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-29-2016 02:28 PM
User

Re: Need to get the SAS DI Filewriter filename to use in another macro

I have a parameter defined in the Job named 'timestamp' that is used hold the date like '20160429'. This is appended to the file name for the external output file.

I now see where I can capture this date and append it to the hard coded part of the file name, so I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Moved post to the forum for DI Studio issues - Data Management.

Data never sleeps
Super User

Can you specify what you mean by a parameter.

If you specify as a Parameter on the eternal, there will be a macro variable automatically assigned for you, and you could use that in a subsequent step, such as post code, or User Written code for your ftp.

Data never sleeps
Solution
‎04-29-2016 02:28 PM
User

I have a parameter defined in the Job named 'timestamp' that is used hold the date like '20160429'. This is appended to the file name for the external output file.

I now see where I can capture this date and append it to the hard coded part of the file name, so I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation